Does Your San Jacinto, Idyllwild, and Lakeview Home Have A Mold Problem?
Facts first, mold can spread through a home in little as 48 hours. Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors. Mold grows best in warm, damp, and humid climates, while spreading and producing spores. Spores are mold that are microscopic organism and when spores begin to grow they multiply and are released into the atmosphere and are responsible for the musty mold odor. There are more than thousands of hundred thousands of mold species. Mold can survive in any environmental conditions and multiple.
To prevent Mold Growth in Your San Jacinto, Idyllwild, and Lakeview Home
- Keep the humidity level in your home as low as you can all day. An air conditioner or dehumidifier will help you keep the level of humidity low.
- Let the air in your home flow freely.
- Make sure to use all exhaust fans that vent outside your home, in the kitchen, and the bathroom.
- Fix any leaks in your home such as plumbing, the roof, and walls so that mold does not grow from water moisture.
5 Common Types of Mold in Households
Aspergillus is a common type of mold that can appear grey, brown, yellow, white, black, and green. Aspergillus can cause some infection in people with a weak immune system. Aspergillus can grow on wall, paper, soil, clothing, and many other places.
Penicillium can appear blue, green, or even white. Penicillium can be found in the walls, installation, and also can be found on foods such as fruits and cheese.
Alternaria can appear black or grey on surfaces. It can grow on walls, dusty areas, around windows, damp areas, in soil, on plants, and in various other places.
Stachybotrys, or black mold, is caused by water damage. It’s often found on wood, such as windowsills or the studs in a wall covering a leaky pipe. Look for black spots that are slick in damp places.
Cladosporium has appearances of being black, brown, or green spots. Cladosporium can grow in wide range of temperatures that grows mold on HVAC vents, wallpaper, wood, and on walls.
Steps to take if Mold Does Appear
- First, if it can be wiped down and does not smell bad it is nothing to worry about
- Mold can be removed from hard surfaces with household cleaning products such as water and soap, or one cup of bleach per gallon of water.
- If mold still appears than it is time call experts, an expert will know the next steps to handle mold remediation..
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today To Handle Your Mold Remediation
SERVPRO of San Jacinto/Idyllwild/Lakeview